Please do follow me on my new and improved blog!! I love everyone one of my followers and don’t want to see you go!
Do you struggle with binge eating disorder?
I did for over 8 months and I gained at least 20 pounds from it! I was able to recover from it in June 2011. Since then I have been binge free!! I would love to help anyone who is currently struggling with binge eating!! Feel free to message me here!
What is binge eating disorder?
Binge-eating disorder is a serious eating disorder in which you frequently consume unusually large amounts of food. Almost everyone overeats on occasion, such as having seconds or thirds of a holiday meal. But for some people, overeating crosses the line to binge-eating disorder and it becomes a regular occurrence, usually done in secret.
Signs of binge eating disorder:
- Feeling out of control when eating.
- Eating compulsively.
- Constantly thinking about food.
- Eating in private.
- Eating to the point of being full or to the point of feeling sick.
- Eating to relieve stress or to comfort yourself.
- Feeling guilty, ashamed, or disgusted after eating.
- Feeling unable to stop eating or prevent a binge although you don’t want to binge.
- Eating very quickly.
What are the health risks of binge eating disorder?
Over time, compulsive overeating usually leads to obesity. Obesity, in turn, causes numerous medical complications, including:
- Type 2 diabetes
- Gallbladder disease
- Liver problems
- Kidney problems
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Heart disease
- Certain types of cancer
- Joint and muscle pain
- Gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep apnea
- Weight Gain
Emotional & Social Risks:
- Feelings of worthlessness
- Weight obsession
- Restriction of activities due to embarrassment of weight.
Treatment For Binge Eating Disorder:
- Psychotherapy: A type of counseling that helps to develop a healthy relationship towards weight and food.
- Medication: Some medication can be used to help control depression and anxiety that may be associated with an eating disorder.
- Nutrition Counseling: A type of counseling that helps to restore normal eating habits.
Books to Help With Binge Eating:
- Overcoming Binge Eating
- Getting Better Bite by Bite
- Binge Eating Disorder Recovery and the 12 Steps
- Binge Eating Disorder: Clinical Foundations and Treatment
- A Clinician’s Guide to Binge Eating Disorder
- Getting Out of B.E.D.
- Eating Disorders Information for Teens
- Overcoming Your Eating Disorder
- Healing the Hungry Self
- Intuitive Eating
- List of more books!
Tips to reduce binging:
- Brush your teeth frequently.
- Keep cravings and unhealthy foods out of your house- out of sight, out of mind.
- Avoid grazing or “hanging out” in the kitchen.
- Do not buy in bulk or bring home leftovers from a restaurant. Chances are you will binge on them all once you are home.
- Make pre-packed healthy snacks so you can grab one on the go to satisfy your hunger and reduce cravings.
- Do not diet or deprive yourself of foods you love. MODERATION is key!
- Do not bring money with you to school, work, etc. so you won’t be tempted to buy snacks from the vending machine. Instead pack your own healthy ones!
- Find ways to better cope with your stress and emotions -> Do NOT turn to food for the answer! It only makes things worse!
- Eat when hungry but eat slower.
- Drink lots of water before and while eating - it will help you feel more full.
- Use smaller plates and cut food into pieces while eating.
- Focus while eating: Do not mindlessly eat while watching tv or while distracted by any other activity.
- Keep a food diary- this
What to do rather than binge:
- Go on tumblr!
- Read health books or any other kind of book!
- Make a craft.
- Paint your nails.
- Take a bath.
- Find a new hobby.
- Do a scavenger hunt.
- Redecorate your room.
- Update your ipod.
- Go to the gym.
- Go for a walk/run in your neighborhood.
- Hang out with a friend.
- Go shopping.
- Find a penpal or write to a relative.
- Go through your old stuff and donate whatever you no longer need!
- Write out all of your goals and reasons why you should not binge!
- Send nice messages to your followers!
- Watch tv.
- Play cards.
- Do chores.
- Go on an adventure.
- Drink tea.
- Chew gum.
- Do yoga.
- Watch youtube videos.
- Vent to someone.
- Make yourself a glitter jar. Shake, stare, relax.
- Make a journal or collage.
- Play a game (an app , board game, computer game, or other video game, ANYTHING!)
After a Binge:
- Drink lots of water: It helps to eliminate toxins and get rid of water weight.
- Eat asparagus: It will help to reduce bloating.
- Eat fruits and veggies: They are a perfect, low-calorie snack. And they help to replenish nutrients!
- Workout: This will help to boost your metabolism.
- Drink green tea: This is a great way to counteract a binge! Green tea is high in antioxidants and will help boost your metabolism!
- MOVE ON: You cannot change the fact that you binged so you must forgive yourself! If you remain mad at yourself it will only make matters worse! Focus on making tomorrow better!! Everyone has bad days! You just gotta pick yourself back up and move on!
Please reblog this if you struggle with binge eating! Even if you don’t please reblog this for your followers who do!
Binge eating is an awful eating disorder and it is so hard to recover from and I want everyone to know that I am here to help! I have recovered from it and would love to help anybody else struggling! Just send me a message here!
it’s so cute when you talk to someone a lot and you notice your phrases slowly slipping into their vocabulary
I’d be such a good girlfriend you’re all missing out
There’s no point in thinking about what could’ve been or what your life would’ve been like if you took a different path because you’re never going to be able to fully “re-live” those exact moments. But what you can do is die to the past and have faith for your future because God is already there. You just need to look forward and trust Him.
Oh my gosh, this gets better and better.
This is the best thing ever
Why does dean always throw his lighter like does he go digging through the ashes later to get it back or does he keep a box of like two hundred identical lighters in the impala
Finally someone asking the real questions of this show.
Why aren’t there more posts on here about the Scooby Doo movies? Because seriously